Wednesday, March 13, 2013

CALL

“ugh, I am late for work, I forgot my coffee and my newspaper, I have never ending meetings today and I really have no idea how I am going to make it to moms on time for dinner tonight.”
My name is Mike Watson. I work for a trading company in one of the largest buildings in the world. The towers are so tall that I am sure if someone were silly enough to attempt to jump out of the window they would free fall for about two seconds before they die. Our job is basically to talk business with other countries all around the world. All of the trading is done in these two one hundred feet tall buildings. Everyone’s job is different and everyone’s job is important. Therefore it is pretty important that we are prompt, focused, and on task. Otherwise, well we wouldn’t have this job. The fear of everyone working in this business is that one disagreement with anyone could have all of our lives in danger.

BOON

One day I was visited by a group of people from a church nearby. They talked to be about their religion and what they believed. I went to visit their church to find I was very interested in what they believed. After a couple of months I became a member of the church. They helped me get through my experience as well as talking to someone else about my story. Now I can tell the story as if it were a novel. Although I have gotten stronger my heart still falls apart every time but it’s a story that must be told and now I feel free from all that held me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment